As in my previous posts, I’ve been stuck in Indonesia for almost 9 months from Jan 22, 2020, until September 23, 2020. After back and forth looking for good news on the internet, finally I got good news on August 21, 2020. Because China open border for Indonesia, but only for people who have working permit & resident permit that still active, spouse visa, business visa. And luckily my working permit & resident permit still active, so I can apply for a visa freely to Visa Center in Jakarta. But for those who only have a working permit active and resident permit already expired, need to prepare a PU letter.
What is a PU letter? PU letter is an invitation letter issued during the epidemic that an inviting entity needs to receive from the relevant Foreign Affairs Office (FAO) to allow the invitee to apply for a visa in their respective country outside of China. And to get this letter you need to wait 5 weeks or more and sometimes can get rejected too. Because only someone that have important or urgent things or have an important position in the company could get this letter. And then their company should be have big income or categories big company.
Due to Covid-19 cases became worst again outside of China, China has changed some regulations. And below are the requirement to go back to China from Indonesia (should be similar with other countries too) :
1. All passengers need to get 2 shots of Chinese vaccines http://id.china-embassy.org/eng/lsqw/visainfo/t1864124.htm
2. Please visit the website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center https://bio.visaforchina.org/ to fill in, submit, download, print and sign the “Visa Application Form of the People’s Republic of China” and “Confirmation of Online Visa Application”. Please make an appointment with the Visa Center to submit your application documents.
3. All passengers departing from Indonesia to China should take direct flights.
4. All passengers going to China should be isolated in a single room at least 14 days before departure and monitor their health conditions as required. Those who have been in isolation for 14 days and have normal body temperature and no respiratory symptoms may proceed to complete nucleic acid tests and serum IgM and IgG antibody tests at two different designated institutions within 48 hours before boarding with the assistance of the relevant airlines. The Chinese Embassy and Consulate in Indonesia will decide whether to issue Health Code or Health Declaration Form based on the regulations and the test results (numerical value).
5. All China-bound passengers whose nucleic acid test and serum IgM and IgG antibody test results from designated institution shows any item to be positive will be deemed infected before, except those who hold the certificate of vaccination.
6. When applying for a Health Code or Health Declaration Form, in addition to the nucleic acid and serum IgM and IgG antibodies negative test results, all China-bound travellers should provide the following materials:
* Work certificate issued by the employer (stamped with the official seal of the company and signed by the legal representative or its authorized personnel);
* Indonesian residence permit, visa or entry stamp;
* Other documents required by the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia.
7. Passengers who depart from East Timor or other countries to Indonesia via land ports for transit to China,should first undergo nucleic acid test and serum IgM and IgG antibody test at the place of departure, and apply for a Health Code or Health Declaration Form from the Chinese Embassy in the place of departure. If there is no record of application, the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia will not review and issue Health Code or Health Declaration Form.From China Embassy Website
If you don’t have the greed HS Code or green HDC QR Code (https://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/) , you can’t board the plane. Keep healthy and safety guys. Good luck!