China started to closed the borders on March 28, 2020. Since that time who issued their visa before March 28, 2020 can not entry China. And after 8 months being stuck in my hometown in Indonesia. Finally I got good news on August 22, 2020, China finally open the borders for who still have working permit and resident permit still valid. And below is what we need to prepare to back to China and this is can use for all countries, not only for Indonesian.
Working permit and resident permit still valid
If your WP and RP still valid, you can apply it online without PU Letter (Invitation Letter) and free. Step by step as below :
- Open China visa application service center http://bio.visaforchina.org/globle/
- Choose in which country and city you want to renew your visa and submit it.
- After submit it, please send email to visa application service center your passport, working permit, resident permit, photo 3,3 x 4,8 cm, and application form.
- After that you will get appointment via email to give your passport, copy of passport, copy of stamp enter your country, copy of WP & RP, application form, photo 2 pieces 3,3 x 4,8 cm (the newest one).
- For normal process you need to wait 3-4 working days to get back your passport with visa.
- Take a nucleid acid test 3 days or 5 days before your flight (some countries still have rule to take it 5 days before flight and some countries 3 days before flight), but i suggest to you to get the result 3 days/ 72 hours before your flight. After that you need to fill health declaration form, just for name, passport number, signature, and date. And you can download the form in here http://id.china-embassy.org/eng/sgdt/W020200820644930248027.png
- After that scan your Z/M visa, nucleid acid test result, and health declaration form, passport to embassy. And they will send you back with stamp in there. And please print it out and bring it with you when you flight.
How if working permit and resident permit expired?
If your resident permit expired already, you need to ask your HR to make PU letter / invitation letter for you to make Z visa / M visa (business visa). And for working permit your HR can renew it via online. After you get the PU letter, you can follow step by step same like if WP & RP still valid.
I’m so sorry if there is mistake, i just want to share to everyone. Hope my blog can be useful. Good luck and keep healthy and safe guys 🙂